Friday, April 21, 2006

Doing Unto Others














People in the service industry get treated like shit. Every single fucking day. Not by everyone, not by a long-shot, but by a significant proportion of the population. My current job has been the first I've ever held that didn't involve the dreaded customer. As I've mentioned before, my job contract ends at the end of May and can't be extended any longer. I'm not sure what I'll do for work at that point, but it drives me to depression thinking about having to work in customer service again. I think I'd rather live in a box than smile and thank assholes for their disgusting behaviour. WaiterRant posted the link to an excellent article in USA Today about how CEOs in corporate america do notice these bad acts and care about them. That's one miniscule victory for all decent people in the world. It's not much, but I'll take it.